Raleigh, N.C. (Jan. 9, 2012) — Band Together NC, a Triangle-area nonprofit that uses live music to raise funds and awareness for other local nonprofits, has announced the addition of nine new members to its advisory board.
The newly-inducted members are as follows:
- Noreen Allen, of ChannelAdvisor
- Jeff Barber, of Fennebresque & Co.
- David Gwyn, of French West Vaughn
- Philip Isley, of Blanchard, Miller, Lewis & Isley
- Blaine McClure, of Restoration & Recovery
- Reagan Greene Pruitt, of Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Robert J. Ramseur, Jr., of Ragsdale Liggett
- Kip Turco, of Windstream Hosted Solutions
- Henry Ward, of York Properties
- David White, of Capital Planning Group
“Band Together is growing and maturing more and more as an organization, and we are excited to expand our advisory board as well,” said Matt Strickland, executive director of Band Together NC. “I feel very confident that their professional expertise and passion to serve our community will help lead us be successful from here on out.”
The new members will join an existing advisory board of business and community leaders. All 19 current advisory board members will return for another term. Responsibilities of advisory board members include but are not limited to the following: a three-year term, annual- and long-term fundraising and giving feedback and advice to the Band Together Board of Directors.
Current advisory board members who will continue to serve in 2012 include:
- Mike Absher, of Wells Fargo Advisors
- Don Camden, of Cargill
- Kellie Falk-Tillett, of Drucker & Falk
- Sheldon Fox, of KDI Capital Partners
- Jimmy Goodmon, of CBC New Media Group
- Mike Gray, of CapTrust
- Jim Holmes, of Trisure
- Eric Huang, of Prometheus Group
- Chris Johnson, of The Johnson Asfoury Group of Wells Fargo Advisors
- Chuck Norman, of S&A Cherokee
- Eliza Kraft Olander, Community Development and Philanthropist
- Charles Petrie, of Sentinel Investments
- Hamilton Sloan Jr, of General Parts, Inc./CARQUEST
- Bert Smith, of The Body Shop International
- Kari Stoltz, of Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Todd Turner, of Thomas Nelson, LLC
- Harris Vaughan, of Eckel & Vaughan
- Carol Wagoner, of Hill Chesson & Woody
- Lee Whitman, of Wyrick Robbins Yates & Ponton LLP
With the success of its 2011 concert, Band Together has donated nearly $1.5 million to local nonprofits since its inception in 2001. The 2011 Band Together event helped raise $482,000 for Alliance Medical Ministry. Band Together ensures that 100 percent of net proceeds raised goes to the nonprofit recipient. This year, Band Together hopes to raise $600,000 for Urban Ministries of Wake County, its 2012 nonprofit partner.
Past nonprofit partners have included StepUP Ministry, The Lucy Daniels Center for Early Childhood, SAFEChild, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Triangle and more.
For more information about Band Together, visit www.bandtogethernc.org, become a fan on Facebook, join their LinkedIn group or follow @bandtogethernc on Twitter. To learn more about Tammy Lynn Center for Developmental Disabilities, visit www.tammylynncenter.org.
About Band Together NC
Band Together NC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization composed of business and community leaders and volunteers from across the Triangle. Since its inception in 2001, the organization has donated more than $1,482,000 to philanthropic organizations through one mission: using live music to raise funds and awareness for local nonprofits. Band Together’s annual concert event is organized and led entirely by a team of more than 500 volunteers. For more information, please visit www.bandtogethernc.org.