2018 Nonprofit Selection
Selection for our 2018 nonprofit partner begins soon! Band Together selects future partners more than a year in advance of our joint fundraising events. Selection for the 2018 partner begins in 2016; partnership collaboration begins in the summer of 2017; and, concert events take place in 2018.
Please review the timeline below as well as sample documents used during the selection process.
Timeline (All dates are 2016)
- Tuesday, July 19, 5:30-7:00 p.m. – Q&A Meeting at Atlantic BT, 4509 Creedmoor Road (27612).
- Friday, August 5 at 5:00 p.m. – Deadline to submit your Letter of Intent. NOTE: Letters of Intent received after this time will not be reviewed.
- Friday, August 19 – All nonprofits will be notified via email if they have been selected to move forward in the process. Nonprofits who qualify will be invited to submit a formal application (the official application will be sent with the invite email).
- Friday, September 16 at 5:00 p.m. – Formal application deadline. NOTE: Applications received after this time will not be reviewed.
- Friday, September 30 – All nonprofits will be notified by phone if they have been selected to move forward in the process. Finalists will be invited to set up site visits and make a presentation to the Band Together Board of Directors and key event leaders.
- October 3 – October 28 – Select Band Together board members and event leaders will schedule site visits with each finalist.
- October 24-28 – meet with finalists at Atlantic BT to prepare for presentations (discuss process, expectations & retreat dates)
- Wednesday, November 2 at 5:00 p.m. – Finalists make presentations to Band Together at Atlantic BT. Each finalist will give a 15-minute presentation and then 15 minutes of Q&A.
- Friday, November 4 – Finalists are notified via a phone call if they have been selected as the 2017 Partner.