2019 Nonprofit Selection
Selection for our 2019 nonprofit partner begins soon! Band Together selects future partners more than a year in advance of our joint fundraising events. Selection for the 2019 partner begins in 2017; partnership collaboration begins in the summer of 2018; and, concert events take place in 2019.
Please review the timeline below as well as sample documents used during the selection process.
Timeline (All dates are 2017)
- Tuesday, July 18, 5:30-7:00 p.m. – Q&A Meeting. YMCA of the Triangle Corporate Offices at 801 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 200, Raleigh, NC 27607
- Friday, August 4 at 5:00 p.m. – Deadline to submit your Letter of Intent. NOTE: Letters of Intent received after this time will not be reviewed.
- Friday, August 18 – All nonprofits will be notified via email if they have been selected to move forward in the process. Nonprofits who qualify will be invited to submit a formal application (the official application will be sent with the invite email).
- Friday, September 15 at 5:00 p.m. – Formal application deadline. NOTE: Applications received after this time will not be reviewed.
- Friday, September 29 – All nonprofits will be notified by phone if they have been selected to move forward in the process. Finalists will be invited to set up site visits and make a presentation to the Band Together Board of Directors and key event leaders.
- October 2 – October 27 – Select Band Together board members and event leaders will schedule site visits with each finalist.
- October 23-27 – meet with finalists to prepare for presentations (discuss process, expectations & retreat dates). Location TBD.
- Wednesday, November 1 at 5:00 p.m. – Finalists make presentations to Band Together. Each finalist will give a 15-minute presentation and then 15 minutes of Q&A.
- Thursday, November 2 – Finalists are notified via a phone call if they have been selected as the 2019 Partner