The process for selecting our 2018 nonprofit partner is outlined below and final selection will be made on November 4, 2016. The first step in applying is to attend the Question and Answer Session.
Question and Answer Session – Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Band Together will host a general information session and provide a packet to help guide you through the application process. Bring your questions to this session that will be led by Band Together leaders and past nonprofit partners. To attend, please RSVP by Friday, July 15, 2016.
Application Timeline (All dates are 2016)
- Tuesday, July 19, 5:30-7:00 p.m. – Q&A Meeting at Atlantic BT, 4509 Creedmoor Road (27612).
- Friday, August 5 at 5:00 p.m. – Deadline to submit your Letter of Intent. NOTE: Letters of Intent received after this time will not be reviewed.
- Friday, August 19 – All nonprofits will be notified via email if they have been selected to move forward in the process. Nonprofits who qualify will be invited to submit a formal application (the official application will be sent with the invite email).
- Friday, September 16 at 5:00 p.m. – Formal application deadline. NOTE: Applications received after this time will not be reviewed.
- Friday, September 30 – All nonprofits will be notified by phone if they have been selected to move forward in the process. Finalists will be invited to set up site visits and make a presentation to the Band Together Board of Directors and key event leaders.
- October 3 – October 28 – Select Band Together board members and event leaders will schedule site visits with each finalist.
- October 24-28 – meet with finalists at Atlantic BT to prepare for presentations (discuss process, expectations & retreat dates)
- Wednesday, November 2 at 5:00 p.m. – Finalists make presentations to Band Together at Atlantic BT. Each finalist will give a 15-minute presentation and then 15 minutes of Q&A.
- Friday, November 4 – Finalists are notified via a phone call if they have been selected as the 2017 Partner.